Thursday 5 July 2012

Day 42 - Just call me Chef!

So how is everyone's week going? I am so glad we are almost at the weekend, again! This weekend we are attending a wedding and waving goodbye to a dear friend who is moving to New York... I mean really, could you not fit us in your suitcase?!

Today was a normal day at work, nothing exciting to report there. I ate healthily all day, even though I had the worst craving for Cadburys chocolate!!! I came home from work so hungry and craving something tasty and so went for our favourite meal, Indian curry. It never fails to disappoint! Below is the recipe I go by, it alters every time I cook it, but the foundations always stay the same. It is such a tasty meal, and healthy, what more can you want?!

Ingredients -
1 x Onion
1 x Pepper
Mushrooms (however many you want!)
2 x Chicken Breasts
Boiled Rice
Low fat nautral yoghurt
Tandoori Curry Powder

  • Firstly, chop up all of the vegetables, and chicken breasts into small pieces
  • Then start off by cooking the chicken in a pan, sprayed with Frylight (low calorie version of oil)
  • Once the chicken is almost cooked, add the vegetables until they soften
  • Then comes the fun part! Add the Tandoori Curry Powder (this is what we are using at the moment, you can pick whichever flavourings you prefer)



  • I then like to add some more spices such as Cayenne, Garam Masala and Tumeric.
  • When the curry has almost finished cooking, I then turn the rice on and allow 10-15 minutes for that to cook
  • A few minutes before serving the curry, I then add three or four table spoons of this low fat natural yoghurt, just to give it that creamier taste. It really does make a complete difference to the flavour!



  • And then once all is cooked, serve and enjoy!



It was delicious, and hit the spot amazingly! There wasn't even a smidge left on my plate after several minutes of taking this picture. Cooking from scratch is well worth the results, go give it a try people! It not the most difficult of recipes (trust me, if I can cook it...) and let me know how you get on!

Toodlepip.

Ellie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment